Case Study: Sesame
SolX worked with the UK's largest IFA network, Sesame, to:
- Undertake a comprehensive customer service audit and stakeholder research to identify highest priorities for improvement.
- Build an extensive programme of culture change, process re-design and salesforce.com implementation to drive seismic shift in business effectiveness.
- Deliver excellence in customer service and support – which then extended across sales, marketing and event management teams.
- Achieve major cost reductions and increased employee morale and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver reductions in regulatory and service related complaints.
- More than 50% of customers viewed service quality as 'poor or very poor', with Sesame experiencing high attrition rates
- Multiple points of customer entry to the business and no control over hand-offs between departments
- High levels of chase-up queries and customer and FSA complaints
- Minimal management information on service performance or operational workloads
- Internally focused orientation and no culture of customer service and satisfaction to assist sales effort potential
- Commenced ongoing programme of customer research to measure and monitor service quality perception and determine ongoing priorities for business improvement
- Implemented a programme of culture change to bring about customer focused attitudes and behaviour
- Set up 1st line Contact Centre of Excellence to resolve 80% of queries on a once & done basis
- Extensively re-designed, simplified and shortened business processes
- Deployed salesforce.com to 200 customer service staff to provide robust case management including workflow, knowledge base and operational MI
- Subsequently deployed salesforce.com to a further 170 users in sales, marketing and event management to drive major improvements in business development and account management
- 72% of clients now regard service quality as 'good or excellent'
- 87% of customer queries now resolved at first point of contact
- High employee morale and business involvement
- Major reduction in service costs and FSA and service complaints
- Independent research shows Sesame's current 'quality service' is a substantial contributor to new business growth
Download case study on Sesame